Please remember that we are in the mountains. When traveling, please check the weather forecast or call for road conditions.
Please call 406-838-2495 or 307-344-7381 for road conditions. Or go to go.usa.gov/Memm
•Beartooth Pass is closed for the season. www.beartoothhighway.com. This road will re-open on May 22 weather depending.
•You cannot access Cody from Cooke City/Silver Gate at this time.
•All roads except the road between the North and Northeast Entrance are closed in the Park.
***The road from the North Entrance at Gardiner, MT, through the park to Cooke City, MT, via Tower Junction is open all year round. ***
Yellowstone and Beartooth Highway Road Openings and Closures
2015 Spring Road Opening Dates
Weather permitting, roads open at 8 am. Changes and delays are always possible.
- April 17: Mammoth to Old Faithful; Madison to West Entrance; Norris to Canyon.
- May 1: Canyon Junction to Lake; Lake to East Entrance (Sylvan Pass).
- May 8: Lake to South Entrance; Tower Junction to Tower Fall.
- May 22: Tower Fall to Canyon Junction (Dunraven Pass); Beartooth Highway.
- June 11: Old Faithful to West Thumb (Craig Pass).